We love a rose because we know it’ll soon be gone. Whoever loved a stone?
(The Twilight Zone, tv series)
Us! We love the stone. Strong and stubborn, secret and armoured, cold and difficult. We love the stone because it stares at us and it challenges us to look into ourselves and show and use the courage of our hands. The pantograph and the old school techniques are your companions in this experience where you will dig inside yourself to find images, emotions, thoughts and strenght to report on your stone. Get yourself into modern advanced techniques and use them together with the old ones to realize your own artwork: all-round sculpture, bas reliefs and high reliefs will be the result of your search and courage.
You will guided by the local artist Abele www.abelevadacca.it and by an assistant that follow you during this special art experience that will be your unique memory on Lake Como
history of the stone, from its geological composition to its extraction process, pantograph description, detailed measurement methods, advanced mechanics, technical and chemical techniques, details design, high technologies.
FROM TRADITION TO MODERN TECHNIQUES
- DURATION: 10 DAYS
- DAILY COURSE SCHEDULE: 9.30AM – 12:30PM / 2 PM - 5 PM
- LEVEL AND AGE: any level / from 18 years old
- MATERIAL AND TOOLS:
- • marble block 30x25x25cm /40x25x25cm included; different dimensions to be bought on request
- • tools included or sculpture kit available for purchase
- • Protective Clothes: MANDATORY; cost for rental included
- • ITALIAN
- • ENGLISH
- • classes – from 60 minutes
- • one-to-one classes
- • Assistant
- • Materials and tools
- • protective clothes ( protective shoes on request)
- NOT INCLUDED:
- • protective shoes (on request)
- ON REQUEST:
- • protective shoes